Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 212728293031

Thread: Voolf's miscellaneous art

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Voolf View Post
    I remember we had this conversation before in another thread.
    Drawing with 1px brush is crazy . I urge you to stop this bad habit asap.
    That is why you have the pressure sensitivity.

Also remember to downsize the map at the end. It will look better.
    Usually people do digital art 3x bigger than the final outcome.
    For example if your intended map is 2000 x 2000px, then make it 6000 x 6000px.
    Having bigger map than intended gives you more space for details which will not force you to use such a thin brush and you ca also go a bit messy with the details, because in the end when you resize it down, the messy details will look better, so to speak .

I usually make canvas 1.5x to 2x bigger of what I really want. Later I will downsize the map to 75% or 50%.
    Hope that helps.
    Yep... i do remember now : I already asked you that frame question with the same problem. Apparently, I'm addicted to the 1 pixel brush... :-D
    I think, it's partially due to the fact that most of the time, I draw my maps on the Ipad (which is old), and with that size of file, I'm reduced to only 2-3 layers.
    It's just that my drawing time requires a portable device... I have less and less time for drawing at home, in front of a comupter with my cintiq.
    Can't wait to be retired...

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    Yep... i do remember now : I already asked you that frame question with the same problem. Apparently, I'm addicted to the 1 pixel brush... :-D
    I think, it's partially due to the fact that most of the time, I draw my maps on the Ipad (which is old), and with that size of file, I'm reduced to only 2-3 layers.
    It's just that my drawing time requires a portable device... I have less and less time for drawing at home, in front of a comupter with my cintiq.
    Can't wait to be retired...
    I get the feeling. I also do not have time as before to properly sit and draw anymore.
    I do not even have anything portable. Tough times... ;D
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 212728293031