Quote Originally Posted by acrosome View Post
I am trying to use QGIS 3.16 to Merge a bunch of GMTED raster images. I am getting this error:

Frustratingly, the Merge function does not appear to have a CHECK_DISK_FREE_SPACE parameter at all! The Help button and the manual list all sorts of neat parameters that you can monkey with, but not that one.
So, I googled around and found this:

https://www.luisalucchese.com/post/g...no-free-space/

Which makes me think that I may be having a similar issue, since as in the example my images should not be taking up anywhere near the amount of space listed in the error. But I don't understand the fix that is presented. Any help would be appreciated.
Yep, I've had that happen!
"To solve it, I just specified the coordinates in which the extent was being given using the -projwin_srs option. In case, UTM Fuse 22 South (EPSG:32722).

C:/…/gdal_translate.exe -projwin 111500.205796943 6802000.89149315 171000.731271099 6760000.94138945 -projwin_srs EPSG:32722 -of GTiff "C:/…/input.tif" ./output.tif

Solved!

Summary: the cause of the problem was that the limits were given in projected coordinates, while the input raster was in geographical coordinates."

You need to do as she did, and ensure the input and output units of measure are the same. Given the variety of installs for Qgis, that is as detailed an answer as it is possible to give. Have asked at GIS Cafe, or a Qgis specific forum for help?