I continue to play with the polar regions and refine the tectonics. This is a sketch for now, I still have to run it all through gplates, but so far I’m happy with the result
I still have to deal with my Pacific Ocean. And for this you will have to go back to the previous cycle of the super continent and its collapse.
This will also allow me to check the validity of the current tectonic model. Alas, if 10 or 15 years ago I knew what this would entail, I would have started the process with ancient Pangea and repeated the path that is described in the Worldbuilding pasta. But then it never occurred to me that I would want to go beyond the boundaries of the original landmass and get into more detailed modeling.
Over and over again my gaze catches on the Tanat (Tibetan mountains) and something about them irritates me. Most likely, as my previous experience has shown, I am breaking the rules of tectonics in this region. Sometimes this happens to me, let’s say the mountains turn out to be on the other side of the subducting plate or the island arc is concave in the wrong direction. Or there is subduction, but on the other hand I forgot about the passive ocarina, etc.
Gradually I correct these mistakes and more complex, but at the same time meaningful, contours begin to appear.

1.jpg2.jpg