Quote Originally Posted by Aukel View Post
Hi Cartographers,

I'm so pleased to have found this amazing resource of help and helpers.

I'm a War Gamer, I am not a war monger, just enjoy the games.

My passion is Napoleonic Wars, Imagi-nations and battles that form part of a larger campaign, theatre and war. To me this gives players reasons to do things and not slog things out until there is nothing left of units.

I am putting together a solo war game campaign set in the 1790 - 1820s and will be using both existing nations armies as well as creating some new nations from whole cloth.

I want the campaign to be fought on a new continent, and helpfully Plato discussed the island of Atalantes (Ἀτλαντίς).

Now I am already starting to put together a map, in my own crude way. I have decided on Wonderdraft and am youtubing and reading my way into all this wonderful world.

Much like painting my miniatures though I am a War Gamer not a Painter, nor in this case a Cartographer.

So it is my hope once I have enough standing to not be considered a bot, a scammer or whatever other ills have befallen people to offer a commission to create for me an Island Continent in Wonderdraft format for me to use in this first campaign, and hopefully all the future (historical and fantastical) campaigns I have in mind.

I can write, so putting together history, and mythos is fine, but it is mapping, geography, demography, geomorphology and the like that means I have been looking for some time for a place to find and look for maps and things.
Welcome to the Guild! I hope you post some of the maps for your game. I am also a fan of the Napoleonic era and historical wargaming.