Thanks Harrg and Peter! I definitely expect to keep posting here- this particular map isn't done of course, and next might be some more history-related maps. I haven't posted this anywhere else as I'm still working on some key worldbuilding questions I'd like to have answered before I post on Reddit or whatever. For now CG seems like the best spot even if activity here has dropped off precipitously since the pandemic.

For a tutorial, most of the steps are probably in this thread right here, from the GPlates work up to the hand-drawn topography. Not sure if any particular part of it would need a clearer explanation? Also not sure if I'd recommend going the route that I did, considering it was dozens if not hundreds of hours of work drawing everything by hand, and I still don't have the detail I'd have if I'd just gone the saner route of modifying real-world DEMs with Wilbur and such. But happy to answer any questions about the style.

Anyway, about finished with the toponyms for now, still need to do labeling for the insets and the overall map legend but first I think I'm going to transfer back to Photoshop to edit the raster layers some more- need to lighten up the exposure to make the labels easier to read, and do a bit more work with blending in areas I missed.

Rheia_relief_winkel_v2.jpg