Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: February 2021 Challenge: City of Antrea

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default February 2021 Challenge: City of Antrea

This is an old one but I liked the story behind it. It's basically a city in steep decline but back when I made this I didn't have the skills to represent that. Also it'll be nice to do a city map.

So here is the original. It's unlabled but it would have just had red spots on it with numbers in anyway.

Also can a mod edit my thread title? I forgot to title it correctly because I am bad.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Larb; 02-05-2021 at 06:04 PM.
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.

Glad you're joining in, Larb. I fixed the title for you.

Looking forward to seeing how you develop this one. You've come a looong way since you made the original.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Much appreciated. =)

The original looks like a prosperous city (able to wall in a large amount of unused land). One revision I'd suggest is to fill the area with decaying unused buildings to indicate decline. Other than that criticism, the original is pretty good, if quite simple (and rather small by current standards).

Or I guess the city might be in decline because of overspending on walls.

Ugh! City Maps. That's a love/hate relationship for me. Love seeing them, hate trying to draw them. That is a solid base though, big enough to have some points of interest, but not so big as to be overwhelming. Looking forward to see what you can do with this, this time round.
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Ahhh! Really looking forward to seeing what you can do to rehash this one Larb. Looking at a load of your more recent work I have no doubt it is going to be awesome!

Hi Larb, I love your city maps, welcome to the challenge. Always fun to see your work progress, this will be no different.

IR

rdanhenry: ruins and unmainteined buildings/walls is definite the main plan, yeah. Plus a broken stone bridge they can't afford to repair.

Here is the basic plan. Once I finalise location of all the buildings plus some other unique ones I need to add, I can start the drawing proper.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I don't really like to drop out but there is no way I'm going to finish this for the deadline for various reasons. I do intend to finish it eventually but it's a lot of work to get get done.

Can feel your pain. Finally got stable power back and with so much to do on my entry, it almost feels like a lost cause. On a positive note, however, I am starting to feel a bit of inspiration, so maybe I can get going on something in the next few days.
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast