Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vahli

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

Map Vahli

A commissioned map, labels added by the client.

Done in PS
    Attached Images Attached Images

Another lovely piece Sap!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Nice one, I particularly like the icons.

Guild Expert

Nice job as always, everything you create is excellent.

Great map Robert. I always like your compasses and this one is no exception!

-Dan

Sapiento for some reason I could almost feel the climate changing as I moved from the frozen north to the warmer south. In fact I'm sure I was bitten by a mosquito from that swampy area!

What I'd like to know is how you managed to give an impression of the river valleys (is this called relief work?) with such minimal details/marks. I have repped you on this alone but the whole map is deserving too. I do get the impression that the Dragonjaw Ridge label is a bit twisted and not in keeping with the map itself, but that was the client, yes?

Great colour palette and very pretty icons. I particularly like what you've done with the hills/ridges in the Galanodel forest area. I sorta feel the mountain bases could have done with a little more blending in some places. The transition feels a little abrupt but maybe it's just me. Minor nitpick, however. It's a very pleasing map overall. Can't rep unfortunately.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

I agree with ChickPea... and Straf... and... well, just about everyone else as well.

Beautiful map, Sapiento

Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Straf View Post
    Sapiento for some reason I could almost feel the climate changing as I moved from the frozen north to the warmer south. In fact I'm sure I was bitten by a mosquito from that swampy area!

What I'd like to know is how you managed to give an impression of the river valleys (is this called relief work?) with such minimal details/marks. I have repped you on this alone but the whole map is deserving too. I do get the impression that the Dragonjaw Ridge label is a bit twisted and not in keeping with the map itself, but that was the client, yes?
    Thank you! For the river valleys I used a soft brush, nothing spectacular. The basic layout came from the client.

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    Great colour palette and very pretty icons. I particularly like what you've done with the hills/ridges in the Galanodel forest area. I sorta feel the mountain bases could have done with a little more blending in some places. The transition feels a little abrupt but maybe it's just me. Minor nitpick, however. It's a very pleasing map overall. Can't rep unfortunately.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    I agree with ChickPea... and Straf... and... well, just about everyone else as well.

Beautiful map, Sapiento
    Thank you!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast