A client had us do our own interpretation of an Elder Scrolls map in a "Skyrim" fashion. Was a really fun project for me, as I'm a huge fan of the series and play it quite a lot. Critiques are always welcome. Hope you enjoy it...
MapOfTamriel.jpg
A client had us do our own interpretation of an Elder Scrolls map in a "Skyrim" fashion. Was a really fun project for me, as I'm a huge fan of the series and play it quite a lot. Critiques are always welcome. Hope you enjoy it...
MapOfTamriel.jpg
Hi Stoneflask Studio,
It shows that you had fun with it
If I may critique: pay attention to the visual complexity/visual noise. Think line weight and amount of detail. To me it's a little off here, and if you get that balance right it can tie together everything on the map very elegantly. Hope that's helpful.
I have a deviantART and an Instagram! Shiny
Critique is never a problem as long as it's done in a respective manner, such as yourself has done. So, what exactly do you think can help the noise? I can easily modify and update the map based upon it and see if it cleans up better. I really appreciate it and thank you.
Last edited by Stoneflask Studio; 10-10-2018 at 08:54 PM.
Good points made by Rochnan. Keep at it, you'll get there. You're certainly on the right track.
Always glad to see some Elder Scrolls love around here! I like the gentle muted colors you used on this.
Hi Stoneflask Studio,
I wanted to basically do a partial redraw of your map to illustrate alternatives for you...
That was a bit too ambitious, but I still had all my notes in an image file so I hope you don't mind me sharing them like that.
Stoneflask Studio.jpg
Some notes and links:
I used the Futura condensed font, just like the Skyrim interface.
The red I used was 0(Hue) 100%(Saturation) 50%(Brightness)
Hesperides font
EF Mediva font
Planewalker font
Viking font and friends
I have a deviantART and an Instagram! Shiny
I've always wanted to know: what is the gist of Skyrim and what form of media is it in? Oh, great map, BTW.