Thread: April Entry: The Wreck of the Pedeuna Sesitora

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post April Entry: The Wreck of the Pedeuna Sesitora

My shtick with this entry is that it's a map of the area of an ancient sea battle too place in. Somewhere in the area is the wreck of a warship that contains the MacGuffin. The only clues to the location of the wreck are contained within the recently re-discovered eyewitness account of one of the wreck's survivors.

Right now, I've only put together the base map and the hex grid.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by RobA; 04-09-2008 at 11:01 PM. Reason: Removed the latest wip marker

I love how you played up the 'Secret' aspect of the challenge. Wow, I mean try and find your way there! Its perfect!

Sigurd

Quote Originally Posted by Sigurd View Post
    I love how you played up the 'Secret' aspect of the challenge. Wow, I mean try and find your way there! Its perfect!

Sigurd
    Hah hah. Yes. This is totally my final entry.

All you need to do is add some grid references and then we can take turns to pick a spot to search.

What do we win if we find the wreck?

Quote Originally Posted by SpamValiant View Post
    All you need to do is add some grid references and then we can take turns to pick a spot to search.

What do we win if we find the wreck?
    An invisible and intangible pile of gold, of course. And XP.

And here's the water redone with some cool plasma effects. I've seen this effect used on a couple of maps and have always wanted to use it on one of mine.
    Last edited by RobA; 04-09-2008 at 11:02 PM. Reason: removed the latest WIP marker

Quote Originally Posted by Sigurd View Post

Sigurd
    This really made me laugh!

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't know what happened...but I think my super admin powers messed up the thread title...and I can't remember what it was supposed to be...could you either edit it back yourself or tell me what it should be so I can fix it?

Edit: Nevermind...I found it in the still cached RSS feed....byawwww!!!!
    Fantaseum (https://www.fantaseum.com)

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Errrr. I thought I posted this last night, but I guess I forgot to hit the actual button. That's what happens when you try to work with the intertubes after an exhausting day of filling my face at a birthday brunch followed up with running a 5 hour D&D game where I as the DM am pretty much pulling stuff out of my behind.

Anyhow, in my mind, this map would be used for a online PbP or PbE game, which is why it's got the grid and the colors are more "saturated" than they would be if I were to print it. The nice thing about using Illustrator is that it's pretty easy to change a lot of the fiddly details once the map's done.

### Latest WIP ###