Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: My World of Kelleemah: Settlements

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip My World of Kelleemah: Settlements

This is my first settlement that I have tried.

It is for my world of Kelleemah.

It is still a WIP.

It is a typical Vagothian Village.

I just started it tonight.

I still have a lot to do yet, especially coloring.

I hope that it does not come out to bad for my first try.

Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hey Charles

I've never seen you do a map like this before. Its already looking very cool

I'll definitely be watching this thread

Nice so far, the ground texture is very repeating but I imagine you'll change that. Keep it up!

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Wip Typical Vagothian Village v2

Typical Vagothian Village v2

Thanks for the remarks!

Finished the fortifications (uncolored)

Moved some houses around; added houses; put in some more paths and a road; added another barn/stable; added troughs; completed touch up of sheds and barns; placed sod roof, smoke hole, and smoke on a house; and added Druid to sacrificial alter in the woods.
    Last edited by CharlesRobinson; 08-30-2016 at 11:15 PM.

You know... I never noticed that blood stained alter in the first image. I was just too busy looking at the village! LOL

The Vagothians seem to be highly organised - always building in a pattern like that. I can sometimes get distracted by repeating patterns into adjusting things to fit the pattern without realising it, which is why I have to work with most of the heavy patterns temporarily hidden. What happens if you hide that tundra sheet (it is tundra, isn't it? I can't really see at this scale) and carry on placing the houses?

For the common houses, I just plopped them down for now to help generate ideas and to give me a since of scale.

Based on various suggestions that I have gotten, I am going to rotate some of them so the walls of the houses do not all run a perfect north/south and east/west.

That may help some.

Thanks Mouse! :-)

PS: Yes, that is Tundra.

Default Typical Vagothian Village v3

Typical Vagothian Village v3

Just a small update tonight.

I added a few boats in the bottom half corner along with one in the water with one person and a dog.

I want my villages to be populated.

I want the players to feel the "life" of the settlements.

I also want my settlements to reflect their culture; as such, I want players to instantly recognize new maps as belonging to a particular culture in the world of Kelleemah.

Typical Vagothian Village v3 CG.png

Default WIP My World of Kellemah: Settlements

Typical Vagothian Settlement v4

I have been working on my wooden walls:

That's a great improvement on the white walls, Charles You had me momentarily confused by the section blow up. For a minute there I thought "where's the village gone?" and I thought you had deleted it! LOL

EDIT: I suddenly noticed that you are using an ISO tundra fill. You can make it look more like a top down view of tundra by stretching the vertical scale on the texture... if you want
    Last edited by Mouse; 09-03-2016 at 08:01 PM.

Thanks Mouse! Yes, I did not do the whole village because I am still working on the other sections of wall.

Also, I wanted to see how people reacted to the close up since I will do the final in 8000 x 8000 when I convert the FCW to a PNG.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast