Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: May/June '21 Lite Challenge: Map this Movie!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default May/June '21 Lite Challenge: Map this Movie!

May/June '21 Lite Challenge: Map this Movie!

OK, we have had map a faerie tale, Make a map from a book, and even map a place from a song,
    But I don't think we have ever done Map a Movie ( technically some of the books were made into movies but let's not nit pick ). So create a map of a place from a movie. That gives you a lot of choices but please do not make a map of a place where a map already exists. I do not want to get into a big discussion about copyrights, we've been there and done that. I want you to create this map entirely from your own imagination. Don't make a map of Neverland, or the floorplan of the Millennium Falcon, they would not be original. Make a map of King Kong's secret Island, but make it up yourself, don't go by what they show in the movie. Make a map of the WWI battlefield from the first Wonder Woman movie. Or maybe the arena from Ben Hur or Gladiator, or the Wicked Witch's castle from The Wizard of Oz. So Many Choices!

Please remember to title each thread: May/June '21 Lite Challenge: < your title here >

Also remember to preface each image you want to show up in the thumbnail scraper
    with: ### Latest WIP ### (If you don't, your map won't show up for the voters at
    voting time, which might hurt your chances. ) Try using the WIP Icon to make it nice and easy.

Please note: If you put more than one image on the same post, only one of them gets picked up.

The challenge will end on or about the 14th of June, after which we'll have 3 days of voting. The winner of this month's challenge will receive, a circular silver compass, demonstrating his or her great imagination.

Quick rules reminder: The Lite Challenge is open to anyone who has not already won 3 Silver compasses,
    1 Gold Compass, or been selected as a featured Cartographer's Choice Map.
    Also, the map has to be started on or after the first day of the challenge, no reusing older maps even if they were not finished, unless you start over from scratch.

DEADLINE: End of day, June 14th

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Mimine's Avatar

I am SO HYPED with this theme! I am pretty sure I am going to go for a Ghibli movie, and I'm considering Kiki's Delivery Service, but might browse all my collection in search of inspiration. CAN'T WAIT!!
    Si tu n'as rien fait pour ton rêve aujourd'hui, est-ce que c'est vraiment ton rêve? - Fred Pellerin

Twitter -> https://twitter.com/benoit_janie

Guild Applicant

Quote Originally Posted by Mimine View Post
    I am SO HYPED with this theme! I am pretty sure I am going to go for a Ghibli movie, and I'm considering Kiki's Delivery Service, but might browse all my collection in search of inspiration. CAN'T WAIT!!
    Oh wow that's a great idea! I'd be super excited to see that.

Also this challenge is the perfect excuse to go rewatch some of my favorite movies!

Hrm... Can think of a few movies in my collection that might be interesting to do a map for, but, as always, it is all about having enough time...
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

I think I will go for an Ad Astra moonbase… To be continued!
    My website (commissions open)
    My LinkTree (to find me everywhere)

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

My Cousin Vinnie is probably my favorite movie... will be interesting to try and map though.

Hmmm. Which movies feature a trippy scene with a featureless white void? That'd be an easy one...

Quote Originally Posted by rdanhenry View Post
    Hmmm. Which movies feature a trippy scene with a featureless white void? That'd be an easy one...
    Sorry but White Cow in a Snowstorm has been done before.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    Sorry but White Cow in a Snowstorm has been done before.
    Sure, but what about a black cow in space?
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

If I can find some time, I'd like to map Astoria from The Goonies.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast