I've been mostly working on the hand-drawn map. First up is some close-ups of some bits of it that I really like at the moment:
keluniacloseups.jpg
The top two are pictures I took this afternoon. Left: the pine forest (Marceline) and the griffon. Eventually I'll shade all the trees... right now, I'm about halfway done. Right: Khaldun. I'm pretty happy with the way I ended up doing the roads, and the river... well.. I keep thinking it kind of looks like tree bark....

The bottom two I took this morning, but nothing's really changed all that much, so I think it's fine. Left: Alphyns. Although there are some parts of them that I'm not terribly happy about, but I think I did pretty okay considering how small they are. There are some bits I should've been a little lighter with my pen, but... eh. Right: The hydra! He actually looks a bit different now, I added some stippling on him for shadows (you can't really see that in the full map picture so I'll have to take another detail shot later.)

The whole map is looking much better. It was looking a bit flat before.
keluniabyhand1.jpg

I'm still pondering exactly how to shade the mountains, I sketched out some ideas - I know, they all probably pretty much look the same, heh, but I wanted to make sure shading at a certain angle wouldn't look absolutely awful or something... - I'm not sure whether I want to go with #1, which I thought looked good especially after I added that stippling on the opposite side of the shadow - or #4. I really like the stippling, but I have a feeling it looks a little too smooth. Hmm.

mountains.jpg