Thread: Thinking Big - Torq's landgrab - choose a territory

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Not a great choice Dark One. "Orgaia" is the Orvaelen word for the culmination of the physical act of love. Adolescents throughout Orvaelos giggle hysterically and blush when they hear that name.

By the way, while I really like an Arabic background for the Coriander Coast(it's pretty much required), looking at the big global map makes me think this area is a little too northerly for that. With my recent inspiration for "English" village names(Twitbollocks, Bushhollow, Billibottom), I'm considering a Shire theme for my section. Will this world have anything like Hobbits(Stoutlings, perhaps?)?

Perhaps in the dim past this are was ruled by some formerly great empire to the south(kind of equivalent to the Ottomans or the Romans... or Tolkein's elves) this would provide the kind of unifying language of general place names. I'm sure every major culture has it's own name for the world and most of it's features. So I might might label something in my map Little Hockspit River(Ladu Hakospiet) or Winsome Bay(Taga Winsiem). My Stoutlings tend to alter the Old One names for sound and poetry without much regard for meaning.
    Last edited by su_liam; 04-03-2008 at 02:10 PM.