Thread: Thinking Big - Torq's landgrab - choose a territory

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

A really nice touch by those with FT might be to create data images for those without. Perhaps in 4096-pixel scale. HF, land mask, river mask, climate(precip and temp, maybe veg), possibly in Lambert Azimuthal Equal Area like the HandsomeRob maps. Is FT scriptable? If so, this could be done in batch late at night.

Me? I'm cool with trying to scale the existing images up and interpolating willy-nilly.

My region is technically part of Orvaelos, and the humans are part of the Orvaelan culture for the most part, but the Shire(For want of a name. I'd like something pastoral. I've considered The Paddock, but that might be considered egotistical)is a somewhat separate culture. Stoutlings don't appreciate sea travel all that much(they prefer to walk on their own hairy feet, when possible)so the coastal fishing towns are largely Orvaelan. The higher mountains are mostly dwarven land, and an upstanding Stoutling gentleman doesn't mix with that sort. So the "Shire" is largely settled in the flatlands and low hills between the sea and the forbidding Landshield Range to the east.

@hans_worst: Avas, Hano! Mae loqui sed parvuss Orvaeli. Loquae to Lingoa Vulgara?
    Last edited by su_liam; 04-03-2008 at 03:46 PM.