Thread: Harenova -- Learning Cartography From Scratch! ADVENTURE! Come and Help!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Azelor View Post
    Are the yellowish color representing the deserts/plains ?
    Yes. The greenish yellows are grasslands and the dark, desaturated yellows are steppes. I haven't given the lower right corner of the map much thought if that wasn't obvious already and the lands around mountains and/or higher elevated areas need some work too. It's something I'm trying to wrap my head around.

Quote Originally Posted by Azelor View Post
    What does the "I" represent on the map ?
    They are lighthouses/pillars.

I have a little textbox in the larger map but I doubt it's easy to navigate... Here's what it says:

"Pillars are used in the vast deserts for vagabonds and caravans as checkpoints. They are immense in size and point toward Nihileam [Polar north]. The fortification needed to keep the obelisks standing tall leaves only a small space to be entered. Newer and restored pillars collect water from rare rain and snowfall as well as what little moisture is in the air. Some nonperishable rations and survival gear are meant to be stored within, but because of their expensive upkeep, many have fallen into poor condition or have been looted. Resilient caravans are sent at the beginning of each season to major pillars to restock and perform maintenance work.
    Last edited by Vagabondage; 08-05-2013 at 01:48 PM.