Guess there is no reason to slack around and wait; so even if it's at a early stage, I will go ahead and begin what I expect will be a long, tedious, stressful but nevertheless fun WIP for this month challenge. The City of Kashir !

For this challenge I grouped up with Domino44 and was commissioned to draw a mountain city with some similarities to Minas Tirith from LOTR, in the way it scales the mountainside. However, with more individual buildings, rather than appear as if hewn from the rock. We both gave each other a wide stretch of artistic freedom, however, one of the few specifics that Domino44 asked for is to have a waterfall somehow incorporated into the map, possibly flowing through the city. The commission was requested to be in my usual traditional medium, pen and paper, and when it comes to color it's all in my hands how I want to do it.

The actual map:

For this mountain city I wanted to take a step from my last city map (New Amber), and go with a more fantasy-esque theme, with a very high-elf inspired style with some influences from the Warhammer universe. Thus far I have began drawing the lower-walls of the city, the walls to the second "level" as you can see, and some detailing. With this, project – even though my fingers itch for it – I've decided to wait will all forms of shadowing until everything ells in the draft is done, and also try to wait with most of the detailing until the layout is done.

Domino44 asked for a large city map, and as you might understand from this, It's either go big or go home. So I have many, many hours – days even – of work cut out for me. But I am set to finish this within the boundaries of the challenge! As always, all forms of feedback are treasured greatly!

Cheers
Tainotim

### Latest WIP ###
The City of Kashir.jpg