Thread: Fantasy map request for an e-book

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Fantasy map request for an e-book

Hello all!

I'm in the editing phase of getting ready to self-publish my first e-book, and I was hoping to include a map of my fantasy world.

Setting Details (if useful):
    The realm is called Ejoma, and is separated from the human realm by a magical barrier. Because of the way magic works in that realm, there is no electricity. The energy there fries wiring, and so also any machines. Instead, everything is powered with different kinds of crystals, all capable of using magical energy in different ways depending on how they are crafted and attuned. Cities are divided into districts. Structures are all stonework and woodwork, much of it designed by hand. Decorations and details are metal and different colored crystal. The cities have an old-world, almost gothic, fantasy feel because of this.

Style:
    I'd like it to be B&W or grayscale, and I don't really have any specific fonts in mind for labels - maybe something older or hand-written looking? I'll leave that to your artistic eye.

I've included a rough sketch for you below. The edges got cut off a little, mainly on the left (Wotirna) and right (Yinkura Mountains). Since I'd like to use this map for several novels in the series, the sketch shows 9 cities, but I can narrow it down if that's too much for the e-book - I've heard fewer labels may be more legible? I totally leave that to your discretion.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...8&l=00fa342f6f

Time Constraints:
    I'm still really early in editing, so it'll be a couple months before I need the map.

Copyright:
    I'd like reproduction rights, so I can use the map in a series of books.

Contact Info:
    paigeaddams ~at~ gmail ~dot~ com

Please let me know if you need anything else. Thanks for your time!
    Last edited by PaigeA; 01-08-2015 at 08:51 PM.