Microsoft has not killed anything. Nor has it made anything die. Simply because they do not support it any longer doesn't mean it is dead or killed. Nor are any of the Internet Explorers killed or dead. Not used much anymore - yeah. But there are still software programs that require IE6.

But to answer your question - yes I do. As a software programmer I test all the way back to IE 3 and NN v2. I do this because hackers use the older versions of software to break in to websites. The older versions, unlike the current versions, allow you to see things that the newer versions do not allow you to see. Also, well written software (Javascript and HTML in this case) should be able to gracefully fail and not just crash. Further, some hackers start off with a current browser and then switch to an earlier one to try to crash a website. So you have to have and use those older browsers to see if the site will crash. So they are still useful even today.

It is true though that Microsoft has urged everyone to use a different browser than Internet Explorer. They named both Chrome and Firefox as alternatives to using Internet Explorer. Yet Microsoft still is developing updates and new versions of Internet Explorer.

Last, if I may, you should know that every version of Windows since Windows NT is just that - Windows NT. Windows XP was just Windows NT v5.x. Vista, 7.1, 8, 8.1, and so on are just later versions of Windows NT. So when you say Microsoft killed it off - you are also saying Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, etc.... were killed off also because the basic heart of Windows NT (ie: the underlying OS) was last twiked under 8.1 but the last major revision to the underlying OS was done with XP. So you are still running XP - just with some upgrades. Just like I'm still running NT - just with a lot of upgrades. You can verify this by Start->Control Panel->System->Advanced Tab->Environment Variables and look for the OS variable. It will say "Windows NT". Or you can open a command window (start->run->"cmd.exe"<CR>) and type "winmsd" into the command prompt. Even though it will say something like "Microsoft (c) XP" - if you open the "Software Environment" tree and click on the "Environment Variables" you will see the OS variable showing a value of "Windows NT". Because that really is what you are running. Plain old Windows NT just with a lot of upgrades. To think. This OS has been around almost as long as Linux but they are still finding bugs in it. My version of Windows NT is 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600.