Hello everyone,

Pleasure to be here. I've been lurking for a while now and figured it was only proper to join and introduce myself. I had no idea until I set pen to paper to create a D&D map myself, but as it turns out, cartography is a great passion of mine. In the past few months I've come a very long way, going from absolutely no knowledge to being able to produce maps that my (easily impressed) players think look great.

I owe almost everything I have learned to Torstan (for his excellent, excellent tutorials) and to Mike Schley (whose style my maps generally try to imitate). If I'm being honest, it's doubtful I have anything overly useful to contribute at this stage - considering this website is made up of the best cartography advice I've seen available.

Either way, I do have a few maps I would be happy to post, for others to improve on, draw ideas from or outright copy from (seriously, I don't mind, just don't be a jerk and claim credit for it). Speaking of which, can anybody point me to the right places to post?

PS I was compelled to join after contacting Mike Schley and actually receiving a reply - I realised that I was missing out on an opportunity to interact with the people I've learned so much from.

-HU