I am finished! I'm satisfied with the artwork. Before posting this as a finished map I just want to work on the photography/scanning a little more and then write up the world for final presentation. (For instance, I think the red thingy in the border of the NP callout is just a reflection from my photo.) Here's the full view:

PeopleOfZarmina.JPG

Some details of the callout regions:

PeopleOfZarmina-AP.JPGPeopleOfZarmina-NP.JPGPeopleOfZarmina-NR.JPG

For translation, here is the lexicon for the four languages of Zarmina. I've also invented a little signature sigil that I'm going to incorporate into all my maps from now on. It's based on the observatory from this map.

I have to say, even speaking as the artist, I just love the colors on this map. There is such rich variation in the plains of the AP callout - and I'm extremely happy with that, as that was the most difficult region to do. When I paint the final colors, if I leave too long for the paint to dry I'll end up with stark lines at the edges of the new paint. Wherever there are lines to paint up against, I can use them to break up my efforts, but that big open plain meant that I had to work fast while still spending enough time to properly blend the colors - and also keeping my brush from getting too much orange, green, or yellow on it when I moved to a region with another dominant color. Whew! In any case, I'm very pleased with how that came out. Hopefully, after I get a better image to upload, I can also share with you guys the wonderful contrasts of colors in the NP callout - I think the image above is merely okay.

All righty, I'm going to go off and write up some of the background material so I can post in the finished map forum later this weekend (or maybe later this week). Enjoy, everybody!