As I said in my previous post, I got a bit of map buzz waiting for my dip pen to arrive, so I decided to do another two pencil sketch maps both as practice and to serve an actual purpose. These again are both works in progress and more detail will be added with ink (which should bring them to life more!)

Here is the first of the two new ones. I hope you like it and feedback will be appreciated!

Upload Drone 1.jpg

It is a map as part of world-building for an upcoming short animated film I am working on (it wasn't super necessary, but I wanted to map it and the process did help inform the science behind the world). The world is pretty desolate, but supports some forms of life. It is very hot, so water is only existant underground and at the poles. (This isn't very clear on the picture as the main body of land has raised sections which currently look like islands and make it difficult to tell what is water. I plan to smooth these raised regions to blend more into the rest and make it clearer. Again, using a variable line width and shadowing again should help with this.)

Thank you again!