Thread: Hello!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Hello!

I'm CoolioTree

I've been sketching fantasy maps for a few months now, and only just discovered this website today. Right now, my skills aren't exactly the best, and all of my maps have just been improvised, without any real planning. They're mostly continents, filled with kingdoms, republics, empires, etc.

I love history, and when drawing my maps, I'm mostly focused on creating states that resemble medieval Europe, which happens to be my favorite era in history to study. In fact, I get so consumed with the politics and warfare in a continent that I just draw the basic geographic features, then create the borders, along with placing the major cities, then spend an entire hour or 2 thinking up scenarios in my head of intrigue, dynastic growth and rivalry, warfare, feudalism, etc. But, since this is a Cartography forum, and since I want to change my ways (a bit), I've come here to learn how to properly create maps.

I, however, have a slight disdain towards magic related subjects. I'm only focused on... non-magic things, I guess.

As of right now, I do not have any PC or laptop other than a Chromebook, and I don't think drawing with a stylus on my phone will create quality maps, so I am going to draw maps the old fashioned way until I have enough money saved up to buy a PC.

I'm willing to learn anything about whatever this forum has to offer, and I hope to become a part of your community!
    Last edited by CoolioTree; 01-26-2016 at 11:41 AM. Reason: one more thing about me