Hi, I'm new to this forum and to the whole cartographer thing too.
Right now I'm a Highschool student so I'll be mostly leeching off all the tutorials from this thread.

I like to write and draw and that's what brought me here, I don't know how often I will use this account, but as I'm currently learning how to make a satisfactory map I will be here for a long time, though mostly lurking in the shadows searching for all the information I want.

Currently I'm trying to build a map for my story to picture the world better and be able to build a better lore with close to no plot holes, this way I can calm my perfectionist urges and make some quality content.

I don't plan to give up though I may take some long breaks and redo a lot of stuff, (the story I'm writing was originally ~68.000 words long, I rewrote it because I wasn't satisfied with the quality of the work, rightfully so, and now I've written ~12.000, though I like how it looks now a lot more than before, that took me a year to do. It also means that my writing speed is about 6.000 words per month)

I have a lot of plans and ideas but firs I want to focus on making the map of the world, and as such I'll be dwelling in this forum for at least this year. Once I finish I plan to gather up all the information I used and make a Post about how it was done and wich places where helpful. I'm starting from zero so I think it'll be useful for users like me who don't know left from right in this type of hobby.

I'd appreciate any help from the Community and though I may be a bit unresponsive I'll try to say my thanks every time and reply within three days, from previous experience I wont be promising anything, but I'll try to at least.