Thread: [WIP] Castle Ravenloft 2D Battle Maps REDUX!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Wip Stopping for tonight

Here's as far as I made it for today. This piece is ALMOST finished I think. I might add a portcullis and some gargoyles, but I'm not sure on those yet. They are in the descriptive text but I'm not sure how practical they are on a map of this scale for battle map purposes. There are no main encounters on this map either, so I don't want to spend TOO much time on it. Hopefully I can finish the other 2 parts tomorrow.

Map 2_Walls_of_Ravenloft_A_PROGRESS.jpg

EDIT: I just noticed that I have the rocky base that the castle is sitting on as fairly dark, so I thought the castle should be darker stone. It IS Castle Ravenloft afterall.

So I need some feedback on these two choices: A) Light Colored Castle (above), or B) Dark Colored Castle (below)??? Thanks in advance!

Map 2_Walls_of_Ravenloft_A_003.jpg

EDIT #2: Moderators, now that I think about it, this post MIGHT need to be in the VTT/Battle Map Forum... dunno what ya'll prefer. I was just thinking 'dungeon' so I put it in the dungeon forum. Doesn't matter to me, but these maps are set to scale for mini use. And for those interested, the grid that is on there right now is a 70 px per square grid (standard for Roll20), each square being 5 feet.
    Last edited by wthrasherb; 03-18-2016 at 06:05 AM. Reason: added extra message and image