Hey there,

apologies for my absence, once again. As usual I come back with a new WIP that I'm probably not going to finish, but we all might just have to get used to that.

I have been fiddling around with Pasis' tutorial for a while now but didn't get any satisfying results until now. This is what the first version looked like:

Lamuire-Pasis-proto.jpg

So I was pretty optimistic about that and liked a lot of things, but there were a few factors that were too much of a wild card to get a consistent map, as well as me just racing ahead and forgeting half of the techniques I tried out. So I started anew, with a much more level-headed approach and I got this far for now:

Lamuire-Pasis-V1.jpg

I did a bit of fiddling with overlays and a bit of forest. The mountains need a lot of fleshing out and there will be lots of opportunities for adding detail... so I might go overboard with it as usual.

The weird thing is, though, that sometimes the mountains seem to "invert" themselves. I first thought it might be my graphics processor going nuts, but I think it might just be my eyes playing tricks on me. Anyone any experince with that?

So long and be nice to each other!

- Llannagh