Thread: Completed Isle of the Unknown Explorer

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Expert Facebook Connected Tonnichiwa's Avatar

Default Completed Isle of the Unknown Explorer

Hello everyone,

Well, today I have been making a map with a sketching program called Artrage Studio.

Now I'm sure that by now everyone knows that:

1) I use Campaign Cartographer software to draw my maps, and..

2) I am a terrible artist if I am not using Campaign Cartographer..and...

3) I have been wanting to improve my drawing skills.

So, I've been practicing my drawing quite a bit. I started trying to draw straight lines. Then went to circles, triangles, squares, rectangles, ovals, and basically geometric shapes in their simplest form. So after spending a few weeks doing this, today I wanted to try to draw a map and see how my skills have improved.

I have to say, while my new map is nowhere near a professional level of a map at all, I am still pleased with how far I have come. I did not look at any pictures or references of any kind while drawing this map. I just drew from memory. No brushes were used of any kind and I did not have the pencil set to smooth out the lines. It is all drawn by hand using the Artrage Studio on my Wacom tablet.

I'm still having a bit of trouble with trying to do text because I have never really had great handwriting to begin with so the only thing I labelled were the towns.

So the first image is to show how bad of a drawer I used to be, and the second one is my completed map. I have named it the Isle of the Unknown Explorer. Anyway, yay progress
    Attached Images Attached Images