Quote Originally Posted by FrancescaBaerald View Post
As I have already told you on DevianArt this map is absolutely one of my favourite. I really love every aspect of it. It's a terrific piece of art.
Thank you so much Francesca
Quote Originally Posted by Robulous View Post
Lovely Is this a commission or just for fun? It would look great in a book.

Re Patreon I've seen other people have them - I think vorropohaiah has a Patreon for his Atlas Elyden - there's no harm in giving it a try. I just wonder how much people contribute. They're big on Youtube which is more of a mass medium, fantasy cartography must be a fairly small community though it attracts the wider roleplaying community.
Thanks Rob
Yeah, I am unsure if there would be enough interest to warrant the time involvement.
But, I suppose trying it will be the only way to know.
Quote Originally Posted by Eilathen View Post
I am so in love with this style Splendid map, J.Edward. Btw, it's Haldeshar

A very nice addition to all your worldbuilding stuff. Although i for one like the Haldeshar map better (and would love to see such a writeup for it). Also, a worldmap that binds all of this setting together. I guess this answers the question as to the Patreon thing as well. I think it's a good idea. I don't know exactly how it works, though. So i can't say for sure if i can contribute in a useful manner. But i'd love to see you do more worldbuilding and maps in this style (being an enthusiastic p&p roleplayer, that shouldn't come as a surprise ).
Oh man - I laughed so hard Eilathen Guess I need to go correct the spelling of my own made up word
I really laughed about that. Thanks for that. A good laugh and a helpful too.

Out of curiosity, what do you prefer more about HaldeshAr
I know it has a more fantastic feel, I guess.
Oh, you may get your wish [on both the Haldeshar write up and the world map too].
Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
Such a beautiful map!

I haven't voted on the Patreon thing, as I don't game so don't feel it's aimed at me. But Robulous is right that Vorro uses Patreon. I think Kosmic Dungeon uses a sorta similar service (Tip-something?) Maybe one of those guys could give you some advice.
Thank you ChickPea
Yeah, I guess I need to clarify that better. I wasn't really intending it as just a rpg thing... though I suspect there would maybe be more people who might find it useful for gaming.
Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
It's a real stunner! What typefaces did you use? I love 'em all and they work really well together. It really does look hand-drawn and hand painted too.

I had to look up Patreon. What a cool concept! I suppose it requires having a following who want to see more of your stuff? I guess there's nothing to lose!
Thank you Ravs
The main font is Chaucer available at MyFonts.com.
It is the basis for the 'Land Beyond the Sea' lettering too.
The Skenara lettering was loosely based on Balder also available on MyFonts.com.

Yeah, that was my thinking as well. Not sure if there are enough people interested or not, but I guess as I said to Rob, I will only know once I do.