Quote Originally Posted by kacey View Post
I think you're headed in the right direction, I agree with everything Josiah said especially the part about getting a graphics tablet, and going through all the tutorials on fantasticmaps.

The water looks good from afar, but like Josiah said a higher resolution on the texture would improve it when viewing up close...I like the look you've achieved with the colour tho, it looks good....Definitly don't trash this, it's a very good first try, and any issues you're having can be resolved with practice, and giving yourself the chance to move forward by not getting bogged down by beginners woes. It takes time to learn these programmes, they can be very frustrating even when you've used them for a long time.

I'm curious, what layer are you trying to put the wave lines on, I don't see it in you're screen shot.
Thank you for taking your time to comment kacey. I appreciate your thoughts. To answer your question, I thought to put the wave lines on the Ocean ("Clipboard") layer would make the most sense, but should I create a separate layer for them? I'm still running into the issue of not being able to ink a lighter color over them, if that makes any sense?