Quote Originally Posted by XCali View Post
Breathtaking. That is the word that comes to mind.

You, Sir, are an inspiration.
I would like to ask a question or two. How long did the process of this take(apart from the break) Also, how did you keep your perspective so precise?
Thank you very much XCali
So here's a bit of the story to this....
for a long while i had tried to do this scene in perspective [back around 2007-2009].
And I just kept having so much trouble with it. It never would seem to look right.
I even tried to model it in sketchup but that didn't go well either.

So I pretty much gave up on it for a long while.
I tried again in 2014 or so and didn't get much further.
I was really frustrated by it, especially as I was having trouble with some other building renderings.
Some time in 2015 I had a few epiphanies about drawing/life and managed to mostly get passed those hurdles.
I quickly sketched out the layout of this image but it was running off the page.
So i knew i was going to have to redraw it.

Thus it sat for another 2 years or so.
When I picked it up to do the redraw a few weeks back, it was a good ways sketched out.
I did some more fleshing out, added a second piece of paper taped to the top, and kept going.
Then I scanned that in. fixed a few dirty marks and the line where the two pages joined, printed it back out lighter on an 11x17 page...
and then proceeded to redraw the whole thing over top of a light, faint printed version.

I used a tracing board to redraw a new version of the top down map from an older top down map I had done.
The top down map took maybe 2-3 hours I think.
The bit of further fleshing out before I scanned it in was maybe 1-2 days off and on.
The redraw of the light printout map was maybe 3 days or so.

I have no special technique for keeping perspectives correct.
I am just used to drawing them so I guess they come out ok.
I don't actually use perspective lines much. They just clutter a page.
But, I do try to make sure my initial sketch has good proper perspective.