Hello guys,

I've been drawing a fantasy map every now and then by hand (just a simple sketch, I'm not much of an artistic talent), because I really enjoy making up new worlds and cultures and possible Storys that could take place in that same world. As I started studying Geography, maps started to fascinate me even more. There are so many more things you can show in a map than just the landscape of a fictional world.
Recently, a friend of mine asked me: "Hey, you study Geography, can you make a map for my fantasy novel?" I wanted that map to look more professional than a sketch drawn by hand and so I started looking for computer based tools, that are not that complicated. I ended up with Inkarnate, which was good at first, but I wanted to do so much more than just the limited options they offered. That's how I came here. I read through a few tutorials of GIMP (I did not try it myself yet).

I am really looking forward to getting better and better in designing fantasy worlds and maps and I think, that the Cartographers Guild can be a huge support in archieving that.

Nikky