• Yes

20 76.92%
  • No

6 23.08%

Thread: Iron Mapper Challenge

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    One of the things I really like about this idea is the "title" of it.
    Not that I am saying the format has to match the show, but for those who have no idea what Iron Chef is, here is a short explanation.

A challenger chef is selected by the producers to "compete". He is brought into the arena and either he(US version) or the host(Japan version) chooses his opponent from a pool(2-5) of "Iron Chefs" who are "masters of their art" The host then reveals the weeks secret ingredient, of which each of 5 meals must consist of said ingredient. As soon as the secret ingredient is revealed, the contestant and his Iron Chef opponent (and their 2 junior chefs each) are allowed exactly 60 minutes to prepare their 5 meals. After time is called, each chef address the judges to explain each of his 5 dishes. Then, the judges rate the entire meal based on use of the secret ingredient, originality and presentation by giving up to 20 points per chef (10, 5 , and 5 IIRC) for a max of 60 points (20 times 3 judges). Winner has the most point total.

EDIT: Allez Cuisine!
    Last edited by jfrazierjr; 10-16-2008 at 11:59 AM.
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.