Hello everyone

Alice here from Mini Map-Makers and Silver7 Mapping, 2 of my companies based in the UK!
I am a professional Cartographer with background in geology. worked for the last 18 years in both. Silver7 Mapping started 10 years ago! and Mini Map-Makers - last April.
I have worked as a cartographer for oil companies, UK Councils, Crown Estate, Foreign Governments and urban Planners - so a huge mix and now I am entering to the education realm?!!!
I have had success so far - taught over 450 students (ages 4-7 year olds) all about maps (Captain Alice)..
I am also ont he Council for the British Cartographic Society, trying to get it into the 21st century! I have recently been elected to head up the Education Committee, so busy working on setting that up. I ran the educational Workshop Restless Earth for 3 years (so far since 2011- weve taught 16,500 students!)- visiting schools around the UK and teaching them Cartographic Skills - Geography exams require them to know and makes up around 9-12% of their exam at age 16!
last but not least i am an editor for the Maplines magazine.

busy busy!

so check out what i am all about at the following websites - they both need bits of work to them and am waiting on an old map colleague!
www.minimapmakers.co.uk
www.silver7mapping.co.uk

Cheers
Alice