Quote Originally Posted by NadirtheFox View Post
Big thanks for sharing with us your wilbur process Charerg I personaly haven't had time yet to try it out but I am sure that many people will find it usefull. Oh and I saw that you're working on Central Eocidar now - I can't wait for results One question though: how are you going to handle distortion on a globl map? Are you going to erode high latitude areas in polar projection and then try to connect everything somehow (what I can imagine beeing a tricky task) or you are just not using wilbur for global map?
I'm basically just creating the height maps for each region separately and then I'm going to blend them all together into the global map. So no, I don't plan to use wilbur for the world map, I'll make the height maps for each area separately, roughly dividing large continents like Eocidar based on the drainage basins.

For example, the map of Akanrias was actually in Equirectangular Oblique projection (just as polar and even mid-latitude areas will be). Whereas the map of C. Eocidar I'm working on (though only sporadically right now) is in standard Equirectangular (and you can see part of Akanrias there, now reprojected back into Equirectangular).