Thread: Miel, Later Known As (+ Campaign/Worldbuilding Sketches)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Apprentice Facebook Connected Arhan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Cassil (+ Campaign Sketches/Battlemaps/Isometric)

Hello, few days ago I started a campaign setting/ worldbuilding mini sketchbook-journal (only 22 pages A5), and (finally) try to put the world into a map. This map is not at all final and might tweak the placements of cities/ think more about climates and repercussions of mountain ranges. The swirly bits are for storms/prohibitive weather so that the people there can't go to the other side/ think theirs a flat world. Much more likely it's a satellite of a gas giant and tidally locked.

mielmap1.jpg

So the actual size of that picture is like 8 x 12cm (3.1 x 4.7"), made with gel-pen and fountain pen (+ ink). I'm thinking of blowing it up to a bigger size (35x50 or 50x70 cm) and do it renaissance map like.. maybe? I have this dusky-brown paper that I think would look good for the setting (apocalyptic renaissance steampunk), and if needed can pull out the gold/copper leafs as well (or paint, we'll see). I'm still not sure how to incorporate the steampunky bits (other than airships), and the cities listed are just the 'starter cities'...

This being a setting where campaign/games/oneshots might happen I'll label the places digitally/ so there's some room for improv, but large map will be made with paper, ink and paints.

There are sketches too in the journal, will probably update with them:

miel-gajdra.jpg miel-guir.jpg

C&C always appreciated!
    Last edited by Arhan; 08-06-2018 at 02:18 PM.
    Finished Maps: OakfallHand-drawn Battlemaps