Thank you mbartelsm! I like detailed maps too, as you can guess

I wrote a sort-of tutorial to another thread about how I made the graticule by hand. So, I'll quote myself:

Quote Originally Posted by Meton View Post

- Find an atlas that is larger than the size of paper in your map
- Select a map with the same scale than your map, and from the same latitude as the place in your map (longitudes doesn't matter, naturally, and neither the hemisphere.)
- Place your map on top of the atlas's map. North to north if the maps are on the same hemisphere and upside down if they are on different hemispheres.
- Mark the locations of the lines of latitude and longitude in the sides of your map with pencil.
- For longitudes, the points can be just connected with a ruler (in most projections).
- For latitudes, I measured the distance of the line from the side of the paper in places where they crossed the longitudes and marked them on the map. Then I connected the points to one line with a flexible curve.
- If you like, write labels for the lines in the map. Longitudes can be anything you like, latitudes the same as in the atlas.

The result is a grid of a real projection, exact as in the surface of our earth. Of course, it's only a mock projection, but it looks good. If the depicted area is large, you have to take different distortions into considerstion to keep it realistic.
The flexible curve is a rubber-coated bending ruler, which stays in its position once it's bent. I found it from a local art supply shop without knowing before that I would need it. A good find.