Thread: Encounter Map Commission

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Help Encounter Map Commission

All images in this thread are Copyright, The Design Mechanism 2019. All Rights Reserved.

Hi Folks,

Picked up another commission from my publisher. This time for a letter sized encounter map showing 2 buildings and the streets between. The left building has a steep, thatched roof and attached shed, the building on the right has a slate/tile roof and is not as steep. Quote was for B&W and colour. TDM opted for colour. I've decided not to do the map in the composited-texture style, as per Macdowchef's excellent tutorial, only because it's not a style that would suit the publisher. Traditionally, all their art, particularly in the core rulebook and supplements I've read, has been B&W line-art and I want to keep that vibe.

Anyhow, here is where I'm at currently.

BTH V2 - Copy.png

Any advice, help would be appreciated.

Some things in particular;

What is the best way to show the pitch? As you can see I've tried it with angles but I'm not happy with the result.
    Also, I think I need to redo the cobblestones and have them so the run up and down the streets rather than across them?

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Edit: The things on the far right of the buildings, are not going to be chimneys. On the thatched roof it's supposed to be a shed, and the other is just some kind of overhang...more or less as per the red sketch.
    Last edited by damonjynx; 01-09-2019 at 06:50 PM.
    Glory is the reward of valour.

My blog at: damonjynx.blogspot.com.au

Finished Maps