Quote Originally Posted by kacey View Post
Thanks guy's!

I got some kid free time this morning so I did a quick mock up and size test for my title box. I've made several changes to the griffon and also wanted to visualize the mountain size on my paper so sketched in a few while I was at it.

This is just a quick drawing on a transparent sheet over top for testing and is not polished or permanent in any way so please feel free to critique my design choices.

I did buy a large 22 by 30 inch sheet of paper with beautiful deckled edges but was really intimidated by it so I picked up this pad of 18 by 24 instead. Hopefully it's big enough. I'm not sure what size paper you traditional mappers normally use but it seems I should be able to get some level of detail into my mountains at this size so I'll stick here for now.

I wish I could say I've done more then this but if I draw anything while my daughter is home (which is always) and it's not a unicorn then there's hell to pay... If JO had asked for a map of the unicorn kingdom beyond the rainbow then it would be done by now.

Oh and let me know what you think about this name, is it stupid? I'm not good at coming up with names, and as you can see it's probably not a good idea for me to label this by hand either. I traced this font and it still looks like sh*t so I should probably do the labeling in photoshop.
The griffin is beautiful! And if you want to add a unicorn in another corner, that's fine! I'm more cautious about rainbows, but I'm open to any discussion !

I haven't often drawn maps directly on paper, but 24 inches already seems big enough?
In any case, don't be intimidated by anything: you have a lot of talent! Don't hesitate to trust yourself!

The name is very well thought out: it sounds good, it gives the idea of a proud and strong country (I also sometimes lack inspiration for names, I don't know if you know, but there are websites that generate names... it's not always excellent, but it often gives a starting point on which you can imagine another name. One of this sites is here)