Thread: Sundown Commission

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Map Sundown Commission

Here is a map I recently completed for Grasswatch Games, a startup RPG company that has just launched a Kickstarter campaign to fund a first print run of the game. The company reached their $5,000 funding goal just a few days into the campaign and are still going strong. The game is set at the site of a massive ancient meteor impact in a temperate coastal region. The creators describe the setting as:

"...a low tech science-fantasy set in a transhumanist frontier, think Cyberpunk goes west marches."

The game focuses on themes of social status and identity. Colonialism, isolation, body augmentation, gender fluidity and social hierarchy tend to be key elements within the game. The system is rules lite, utilizing a simple 1d6 conflict resolution mechanic intended to foster a role-playing experience more focused on storytelling than on mechanics.

There was a lot of back and forth between me and my clients regarding the layout of the cities. The team provided me with a pretty detailed brief outlining the size, demographics, personality and cultural influences of each of the settlements. My clients were particularly keen to show off the architecture of each of these places, so I decided to incorporate insert illustrations to zoom in on some of these features.

Anyway, it was a fun project and my clients were wonderful to work with. I'd encourage anyone interested in the themes mentioned to head on over to their Kickstarter page and have look at the project.

Hope you enjoy,

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by arsheesh; 04-15-2019 at 02:51 PM.