Hey I really like the idea. And a good start, but I've stare at this thing for an hour now and I do think even with the update it stills seems very odd. For one, I can't figure out which is lower the actual canyon going under the bridge or the parts you made dark. The darkest area is suppose to be the one with the least amount of light. But there should be a gradual gradient going from an area of light to the darker area IF there is a ramp going down there.

The question I think needs asking is, what parts are the highest? I guess its the bridge? But then the lowest should probably be the canyon below it, but you made the areas that lead almost directly from the highest point to the areas with the darkest shadow so close to each other. Which if it was only a cliff or just the one canyon it would make complete sense. But in this case, the places that should be second highest isn't. The stairs to the lower areas throw me off too. The stairs lineart would suggest the Valley as the lowest, but then you make the pits very dark suggesting then the pits are the lowest... So, I can't say I fully understand the height and depths here.

I would advise you look at the map when its smaller and a bit further away from you and see if you can figure it out.
You will probably have to make a CONCEPT layer above the map for yourself ONLY to make a Basic Colour Height map. to your TOP area, your MIDDLE area and the your LOW area and see if it makes sense. For this map to go from confusing to a good battle map, you have to make clear definitions of those three areas and it has to make sense. That is important.

I tried making up or down from this map, I really did. But if you can decide what is highest, middle and lowest and THEN add shadows and highlights and see if you can make the transition between your zones be more realistic, then this would be fine battlemap.
(Maybe try one version where the top stairs' lineart is removed and the shadowy pit in the right corner is not a pit but up high. That might make the heights and depths seem less confusing.)

ANYWAY. Still, I really enjoy the lineart and how you did your stairs. There is quite a bit to enjoy here.
This whole post is not by any means me being negative. I want the map to be the best it can be.