Thread: Map of the known world of Lost Kingdoms

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip Map of the known world of Lost Kingdoms

Hi all,

Recently I have been working on a micro-setting book thing for my project 'Lost Kingdoms'. This setting is a spiritual successor to the themes and world of the fantasy game Hype the Time Quest which in my opinion has a lot of interesting things going on such as explorations of the fallibility and greed of mankind who, upon discovery of the literal home of the gods, ransack the place.

I have expanded upon these and added quite a lot including other races, countries, and histories. The micro-setting itself is a small area around the city of Torras, and I have made a more detailed map of that too. So far that has been going well, but I have felt the need to really expand on the wider world so I can make reference to different historical events, characters, races, cultures etc from outside the city, and kingdom, of Torras.

I started making a continental map a few years ago but quickly abandoned it as the scope was too large at the time. But this map is what I based my current WIP on.

Temp.png

Over the past few days I have been redoing the coastlines, adding mountains, trees, and more to hopefully make the world seem more realised and interesting. This is what I have done so far:

The Continent LQ.png

Most of the locations I have labeled are kingdoms of man, though I intend on adding more natural locations and kingdoms and countries of other races, such as dwarven strongholds in their kingdom of Kardum or realms of elves (who are quite small like folklore elves) and undersea creatures.

EDIT: I realise that it is quite Tolkien-esque or high fantasy. I don't want to go too close to that parallel, at least in regards to the setting itself, but I don't mind that it remains an inspiration for the map style.
    Last edited by Rubikia; 10-11-2021 at 09:51 AM.
    Instagram - @ftwinckless | YouTube - FT Cartography | Website - freddiewinckless.wordpress.com