Quote Originally Posted by Tiluchi View Post
Gotta say, that's a very aesthetically pleasing map with some interesting geography. It's nice to see some good, realistic-looking topography (minus the caveats that Waldronate mentions), and the style is a good one.

That said, I'm not a huge fan of maps where coastlines and topography were very obviously copped from the real world, as it really messes with my suspension of disbelief and immersion into the world. Of course some parallels are fine, but the whole eastern half of this map is pretty brazen- the Greek peninsula and Western Europe, complete with the Alps and the Pyrenees, are very hard to miss. Is it too late in the game to change things around and make it a bit less obvious? The western bit looks fine, minus the obvious Crater Lake in the middle and the strange topographic artifacts in northern Imperial Austora. Just my 2 cents, feel free to disregard!
Thanks for the compliment and the criticism.

This map is a "place holder" for when I can afford to get it redone by an artist, so I used real world geography in many places to get what I needed, that will change in the long run.

The "crater lake" (Black Lake) is a magical event that left it there, so it isn't meant to be "real world", fantasy map and all that.

What "strange topographic artifacts" in Austoria are you referring to? I am curious to fix anything too strange.