Hi, I'm Pasta!

I write stuff. Web serials, mostly, which I post on a site called Royal Road. I write a fair bit (about a thousand words a day), read a lot, write code for my day job, maintain a pleasant smile while trying to stop my toddler from peeing on her hands and then rubbing her pee-hands on my legs, and argue about public policy and civics at the drop of a hat. I've got a completed ~280k word story called Frameshift and an in-progress serial called Quill & Still; I am apparently A Real Author because people give me money and I spend it on art commissions.

My favorite blog is Bret Devereaux's "A Collection of Unmitigated Pedantry", which everyone doing any writing or worldbuilding in a premodern world should definitely read, because everything you imagine about premodern life is wrong. My favorite series of stories is the Graydon Saunders "Commonweal" series. My favorite thing in a map is when a mountain casts a realistic rain shadow. My favorite genre of music is "it has vocal harmony", and I think that anyone writing something in JavaScript instead of TS is 2022 is engaging in professional malpractice, but what do I know, I'm just a devops engineer.

California's proposition system is risible and ridiculous, but the Bay Area is still my least unfavorite place in the world.