Continuing with my Noss Saga maps, here's the celestial planisphere I just finished.

Map - Constellations copy.jpg

Constellations play a key role in the Noss Saga, so much so that I actually made sure the constellations that are visible at certain points in the story are the right ones for that time of year and direction, so I made this map to make sure everything was consistent. I also set up a page that describes all sixty-six constellations.

It was a tricky process involving Maya (just to export a mapped sphere), Procreate (to plan constellations over the sphere), Illustrator (to create the grid and all texts), Procreate again (for the 18 animal illustrations), pen and paper (for the inky runes), and Photoshop (for the gritty work and putting it all together).

And I made a video that shows a bit of the process! You can watch it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4d9Z3mI8q1w

Got lots more Noss maps to come. I just can't post the ones for the unpublished books yet, but there are 16 core maps, plus a handful of supplemental ones.