Thread: Tir Na Scail, Commissioned World Map

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Member IllustratedPageBookDesign's Avatar

Map Tir Na Scail, Commissioned World Map

Hello everyone! I previously shared it on the Discord server, but I'm posting it here as well. This map was created for author AC James's Land of Shadow book series Kickstarter campaign. I created the entire map from scratch by drawing in Photoshop, with the exception of the different icons -- those were made by the author and her husband and incorporated at her request.

Probably the most time consuming part of this was the Shade, the multicolored forest. For this, I started by shading it all as one color, then using hue adjustment masks and the lasso tool to separate out the different trees. The lasso tool is my go-to for all the coloring. Line art was all drawn using a simple hard brush with pressure size turned on.

I got a basic Inkarnate map from the author that I used as a reference for placement, and I also asked a lot of specific questions about the look of the different courts and locations. I ended up with a multi-page Word document of notes before I started drawing.

Tir Na Scail Map FINAL COLOR.jpg
    Tir Na Scail Map FINAL BW.jpg
    Last edited by IllustratedPageBookDesign; 05-30-2024 at 09:42 AM.