Quote Originally Posted by jfrazierjr View Post
Rob, is there any chance of adding a few more features to your script? I am working on making up some dungeon tiles for use with maptool. Basically, several tiles in various sizes divisible by 100 px and with a transparent floor like this:
InnerCorner3.png

In my case, I don't have a need for the Grid since the VTT will supply that for me. Since these tiles snap to a VTT grid nicely and my pattern is 100px it should tile fairly well. This is one of the reasons for my question a few days ago about the best way to make a path/line that has some style of irregular stroke to it (thanks for the link to you script!) but always originates from a GIMP Grid intersection(so that each tile can line up with the others.)

Things I would like to see:
  • Option to not build grid (I know you need the value for calculations though). I assume this would be pretty darn easy.
  • Option for transparent floor(I know this will require a change to the shadow generation method since you use multiply there)
  • Optional: if you would add an option to have the wall area only visible for a small distance with a central color as in my example...This would be "gravy"

Anyway, these are just some things that would greatly speed up my generation of the tiles, but I am cool doing it manually if you can't make any of the above changes. My goal is to create a large number of inner/outer corners in various sizes, walls of differing lengths, passages, columns, and pre-built caverns for easy snap to grid use.
When do you need it by?

I can simply (now) add a fourth grid option (none).

I can add the fade out in the wall...should it be to black or to transparent?

And thinking that I have a batch mode......I could enable the distortion mask feature and you could specify a mask that will distort the middle, but fade out at the edges so they would snap to grid. You could then create a bunch of B&W template files and run the batch mode on them to generate all the tiles! (Like I did for my challenge entry that I wrote the script for initially).

-Rob A>