Quote Originally Posted by Midgardsormr View Post
There is no rotate canvas in CS3 or earlier; it was introduced with CS4 and its OpenGL acceleration feature. Unfortunately, that particular feature has been one of the biggest sources of problems with CS4. An awful lot of users don't even have the option of rotating their canvas because their video cards slow things down instead of speeding them up.

Good to know.

I just got my Intous 3 for christmas and am having a hard time getting use to the feel of it. A big problem is the rotate canvas deal. On paper, I am constantly turning the sheet of paper around all different directions - but now I can not. (I use PS CS3 btw). My mapping stemmed from ConquerClub - but I've since moved on. I still map, and think I've gotten very good with the mouse and layer styles. I'm trying to figure out if the tablet is going to make that much of a difference for mapping. Sure - I bet it kicks ass for graphic artists sketching out nudes, but it might not be worth the trouble for maps.

Does anyone have a sample of a map they've created with a tablet? Or does anyone have any practical examples of how they incorporate the tablet into map creations (ie. I think it will surely help drawing smooth borders - but I've become very good at that with the mouse).

Thanks guys -