Thread: The Empyreum - WIP

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Thank you!

Raskat & Steel General:
    To my shame I have to admit that I had to google for 'Disciples' as I have never heart of this game (if it's the game that is ...) before. But what I've seen so far, the screenshots look quite interesting. : )

Soixante:
    That's why I uploaded this step as the style has something that meets the eye. Maybe I continue with it on another map. But for now I think I stick with the 'Disciples'-style and look how far I can get with it. However, it is good to know that you like this style. : D

Diamond:
    Thank you very much! I took me some time to get the look of the 'ocean'-layer right. So I'm glad that you like it. : )
    As for the northern part I had a reason for the flat look as this region is supposed to be the 'entrance' to the Shadow Realm where all living things return after their deaths. To give this area a certain look I decided to make that part flat and less colourful but I will redo it another time because I've got an idea. ; )
    Oh, btw. I think 'vulcano' is the wrong term. I would call them 'lava lakes' as they were created after the Gods extinguished the Archons with great meteors which tore(?) the land and 'let it bleed' for all eternity. I hope you know what I want to say because it's hard to explain the story behind this map in detail with my little vocabulary ... : (

Topic:
    I thought I would've been able to work on this map but the babies decided that they need someone to play with. So all I could do for now are minor changes. Though I might rethink the proportions of the hills as they look too big for a continent scale. Hm ... : /

empyreum4.jpg

So, what's next? Fixing the problem with the hills, creating mountains and continue drawing the rivers and lakes. Yupp, that sounds like a plan to me!
    Last edited by Antheon; 05-02-2010 at 06:01 PM. Reason: Fixing some typos. : /
    "Good must co-exist with evil to have meaning. Just as light needs darkness to be seen."

Current projects: The Empyreum