Thread: [Withdrawn] September/October Challenge Entry - The City That Never Sleeps

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Its funny that we all watch the Simpsons and Homer eating donuts all the time but in the UK they are pretty boring. Then I took a trip to the US and was introduced to Dunkin Donuts and it made everything a whole lot clearer. We have a couple of similar localized franchises here now but I have yet to see the one called Dunkin here. I think this is odd since were inundated with McD's. I still think there's a huge scope for trading some food stuffs over the pond. When I went there, the US was almost absent of good cheese for example and it was all like yellow sludge or plain cheddar type. Its like in France where they have great cheese but not being able to get proper toast to put it on without it being a croque monsieur.

Edit - just noticed this...
    hmmm I believe Starbucks is a coffee shop - even though I don't drink coffee and the only starbucks in denmark is in the airport (where I don't frequent *lol*) ... don't know dunkin donuts - do they only sell donuts? should we get on in Denmark? *lol*
    the only starbucks... like you have just the one !? Theyre missing a trick there then. Have you see South Park where every second shop turns into a Harbucks... Theres a street in the local city where there is a starbucks on either side just so you don't have to cross over. Theyre like a virus.
    Last edited by Redrobes; 11-01-2010 at 09:13 AM.