Looks like I'm on the aged end of this particular grayscale :-)... enjoyed maps for probably 45 years, and drawn them for 44.

Jake: husband to a delightful lady, dad to 7. Born in Tennessee in '59, Christian since '76, married since '82, in Alabama since '91. For those of you outside the USA, that's "south" then "further south". Engineer by degree, web/computer guy in current job. Writer, reader, mapper, tinkerer by inclination. Coach some kids' soccer, play some mountain dulcimer & tinwhistle, like to sing but can't well. Like kids, maps, trains, geography, science fact & fiction, words, and the woods. Eat vegetarian, but not brussels sprouts. Like to help out. Tend to cook without recipes, but travel with many maps. I take God at His word, figuring He invented language so his Word is exact, not vague. Know my *understanding* is indistinct. I take God very seriously, and myself not seriously at all. Way too easily amused, but don't get easily bored. Not easily offended - as a superhero I would be Captain Oblivious. Have power-tool-induced hearing loss, children-induced hair loss, and think life without subwoofers would be no loss.

I participate in a couple of geofiction worlds, Aurora and Scandia, which has given me room to practice some digital mapping for about ten years. I enjoy most aspects of worldbuilding, then too the storytelling of a world once devised. For me maps tell stories. In my forays into geofiction it's the landforms, the physical geography that beget nations, peoples, and events.