Thread: Riven - my work in progress

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wow, very cool maps from a game (and series) I absolutely adore. Not that you have to take this suggestion, but if you could somehow integrate D'ni numbers into the maps (maybe as notations, etc.), that would really add some lore and even more authenticity.

Beautiful work

Guild Member Facebook Connected SandmanNet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestWind View Post
    Wow, very cool maps from a game (and series) I absolutely adore. Not that you have to take this suggestion, but if you could somehow integrate D'ni numbers into the maps (maybe as notations, etc.), that would really add some lore and even more authenticity.

Beautiful work
    Well, if you read the books ( http://sandman.net/myst ), specifically the Riven book, you will see some D'ni numbers there. Basically, the D'ni number system has just been discovered by the Stranger in my journals, so he isn't very proficient with it, yet.

Default I'm not dead!

So, progress is SLOW. Partly because it's all rock shading now and that is booooring, but also because my inspiration about the Myst Book has its ups and down and currently it is not so high. But I took the time to continue with the Boiler Island map today and here is how it looks now. Not much have happened, but still

I can also plug the fact that I've created a site for the Myst Books now. Instead of having them on my homepage. Gave me the chance to give it another design. You can find it at http://myst.sandman.net
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wip A year later... :)

Yeah, rock shading this island is a bitch, and I'm doing it bit by bit nowand then, which is why it's coming along so slowly. Also, as I said, inspiration has gone down the drain for the last year or so. THe canvas is 5000x5000 pixels, so that's another reason for why it takes so long.

Either way, here is some more progress on the Boiler Island.
    Attached Images Attached Images